Jetstar Pacific opens new air routes12:00 AM | 03/06/2008
These are the first air routes launched by Jetstar Pacific since its inception under a business service agreement reached between the Australian Qantas Group airline Jetstar and Vietnam ’ second largest carrier, Pacific Airlines.
Jetstar Pacific CEO Luong Hoai Nam said to celebrate the International Children’s Day (June 1), the company exempted air fare for children under 15 on the day. A total of 120 children flew with Jetstar Pacific on the Hanoi-Nha Trang and Hanoi-Danang on June 1. Nam added that children under two years old can travel free on all Jetstar Pacific flights anytime.
Excluding the two new routes, Jetstar Pacific serves an existing seven destinations within Viet Nam operating almost 130 weekly return services with an existing fleet of four single class Boeing 737-400s. The airlines says it intends to have a fleet of 30 A320s with flights increasing eight-fold by 2014.
Jetstar Pacific is expected to expand into other markets like Thailand , Singapore , Malaysia and Cambodia later this year.
The Qantas Group now holds 18 percent of stake in Pacific Airlines and plans to increase its investment in the airline to 30 percent by 2010.
- Market slump shocks investors (24/10/2014)
- Gov’t changes mind about settling bad debts with state money (24/10/2014)
- Vietnam’s corn imports soar in nine months (23/10/2014)
- PM approves action plan to boost shipbuilding (23/10/2014)
- Businesses learn new clean technologies (23/10/2014)
- Vietnam, Germany share experience in joining FTAs (23/10/2014)
- About 27 percent of Singaporean SMEs operate in Vietnam (22/10/2014)
- Vietnamese enterprises attend American furniture expo (22/10/2014)
- WTO willing to help VN with economic integration (22/10/2014)
- Vietnam's support industry needs capital, better technologies (22/10/2014)