Jetstar Pacific opens new air routes12:00 AM | 03/06/2008
These are the first air routes launched by Jetstar Pacific since its inception under a business service agreement reached between the Australian Qantas Group airline Jetstar and Vietnam ’ second largest carrier, Pacific Airlines.
Jetstar Pacific CEO Luong Hoai Nam said to celebrate the International Children’s Day (June 1), the company exempted air fare for children under 15 on the day. A total of 120 children flew with Jetstar Pacific on the Hanoi-Nha Trang and Hanoi-Danang on June 1. Nam added that children under two years old can travel free on all Jetstar Pacific flights anytime.
Excluding the two new routes, Jetstar Pacific serves an existing seven destinations within Viet Nam operating almost 130 weekly return services with an existing fleet of four single class Boeing 737-400s. The airlines says it intends to have a fleet of 30 A320s with flights increasing eight-fold by 2014.
Jetstar Pacific is expected to expand into other markets like Thailand , Singapore , Malaysia and Cambodia later this year.
The Qantas Group now holds 18 percent of stake in Pacific Airlines and plans to increase its investment in the airline to 30 percent by 2010.
- VN-Index drops below 600 points (16/04/2014)
- Foreign investors eye manufacturing (16/04/2014)
- Vietnam aims to accelerate ODA disbursement in 2014 (16/04/2014)
- Foreign investment funds’ tough days over (15/04/2014)
- Vietnam is expected to repay nearly $10bil. in 2014 (15/04/2014)
- Ho Chi Minh City’s economy sees positive signs (15/04/2014)
- Vinafruit eyes $1.2b in exports (11/04/2014)
- NA acts for better notary services (11/04/2014)
- Banks cut rates on capital surplus (11/04/2014)
- HCM City’s FDI posts strong rise in Q1 (10/04/2014)